Peanut Butter Chip Scones
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp coarse sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry cutter, or grater. If you don’t have one, you can use 2 forks or crumble the butter with the dry ingredients using your fingers.
- Mix in the peanut butter, ⅓ cup heavy cream, beaten egg, and both chocolate chips until completely combined and chocolate chips are evenly distributed- Don’t overmix as the little flecks of butter are what help create fluffy scones.
- Form dough into mounds (don’t compact too much-they’re supposed to look rustic and be fluffy!) and separate them leaving about 2 inches between the scones.
- Brush the 1 tbsp milk over the raw scones. Sprinkle the sugar over them.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool for five minutes before serving.
Yields About 13 Scones